1. Immediately contact the local law enforcement agency
File a missing child report and ask that the child's information be entered into the FBI's National Crime and Information Center database (NCIC).
*There is no waiting period for law enforcement to take a report and enter the child into the NCIC system.
Be prepared to provide all identifying information on the missing child
- The child's first and last name
- Child’s date of birth, gender, height, and weight
- Any endangerments pertaining to the child
- The circumstances surrounding the child’s disappearance
A report to law enforcement and entry into NCIC does not automatically generate a report to NCMEC.